Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Chocolate Zucchini Bread

Or Muffins if you prefer:


Heat oven to 350 degrees.
if making in loaf pan, grease and flour or do what I do-cut a strip of parchment paper the width of the pan, push it in and let the leftovers hang out. , I do not even grease the sides of the pans.  Then when it is coolong you can just loosen the sides and lift the bread out onto the wire rack.  If making muffins get the liners ready-I use the extra big ones so that I can fill them up to the top edge of the actual muffing pan lip.


Mix together in a bowl:
3/4 c cocoa
3 c flour
1 1/2 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
1 t salt
optional 1T cinnamon
optional 1/4 c expresso powder


set aside
grate your zucchini and drain in colander

In a big bowl-I use my kitchenaid 6 quart mixer
blend:
4 eggs
2 c sugar
1 1/2 c salad oil

add flour mixture and mix until smooth


add
3 c grated zucchini

add (optional) 1 cup nuts
Pour into 2 loaf pans, or 1 bundt pan or your muffin pans

Bake 40-75 min until toothpick comes out *just clean-super clean it will be a little dry

I then sprinkle with chocolate or white chocolate chips

Bake a great day!!!

1 comment: