Monday, August 13, 2012

Happy Monday Scones

This morning I am baking scones for my team at work.  There is no better way to start the day or even the week than with some fresh warm scones and coffee.   Raspberry and Blueberry. I do not cut mine into scone shape until after they are baked. (what you see here is a double batch)
IMG_9871
Here is my recipe.  I have used several different recipes and adapted them to this one, tweaking it till perfection!
in a big bowl mix
4 c flour
2 t cream of tarter
1 t baking soda
grated lemon rind of one fresh lemon
in a big measuring container mix
3/4 c milk + 2 T fresh lemon juice let sit 5 minutes (use the juice of the lemon that you grated the rind from)
1/4 c honey ( I use half agave)
1 egg
1/4 c sour cream
1 t almond extract
splash of vanilla extract
then
melt 1/2 c butter  

add wet to dry and just mix till it comes together (like biscuits do not over work the dough)
Cover a cookie sheet with parchment, make two mounds then pat into circle shape (about 6-8 inches around)
I push frozen blueberries and frozen raspberries into mine
then brush with egg wash and sprinkle liberally with raw sugar.
Bake 350 degrees (325 convection) 15-20 minutes until golden brown
IMG_9869IMG_9868
cool cut into wedges…or do not wait cut into wedges and enjoy!!!!!
Create a great day

No comments:

Post a Comment