Monday, September 3, 2012

The Shearing Room Floor

 Is littered with unusable fleeces.  sigh.shrrm flr

I was right on time with shearing, which is an amazing feat but the weird weather we have had this summer had me beat.  Next year I will plan a month earlier shearing date. The fleeces will be shorter but nicer.   The ends of Serta’s gorgeous fleece were totally felted. (the white one under the stand) I was able to save most of Gingers:

ginger

and Pippa’s fleece was beautiful but dirty…no VM but dirty..it will wash

pippa 

 

Mary and Mouse I was able to save 90% of their fleeces

 The great news is that the ewes are in great condition for breeding-which means my pastures are finally in order and can only get better!!!  More manure spreading and more seed. More foxtail control and thistle digging.  They have been on pasture only since the beginning of May with a 1/2 pound a day all breed protein feed (it is their candy) Feet look good!

I have four girls to go and they may have to wait until next week as I had a small hoof shears accident and sliced two of my fingers pretty well when ginger decided she did not want to have her rear feet clipped.  Ha just because I was bleeding did not mean that she got out of the stand early!!!  A couple of bandaids and back to work…… but they are pretty sore today….I may finish today…

    My prelit wall christmas trees arrived!!! new display trees for the craft booth! 4 feet tall and flat on one side… very cool  I cannot wait to use them!~

 

well time for chores…create an amazing day

No comments:

Post a Comment